Tuesday, November 2, 2010

WOYWW and CCC #20

Okay so if you are reading this when I posted, it's really still Tuesday, but why let that stop me?  On the bright side, if you are one of my UK WOYWW friends, then it's closer to Wednesday.  And by the way, if any of you lovely WOYWWers could, would you please link me onto Julia's page?  I'll be ever so grateful.  :) OK, so it started as a regular tag that was covered in Antique Linen Distress ink with a dash of Tea Stain on top.  Then as I was fiddling with it I decided that it would look better not on a tag but as a stand alone element.  So I traced around the cage (and yes, it was after I'd already attached the bits and bobs on the bottom...and if you are wondering, the B is me and the S is my hubby Steve) glued it onto a piece of chipboard 'cause it was kinda flimsy and tossed some Vintage Photo Distress around the edges.  It seems I am physically incapable of letting any tag have edges that are not Vintage Photo.  I probably need a twelve step program for that too.  The cage started with Copper Metallic Mixative, then, of course, Vintage Photo and some Black Soot because at this point why not. I stuck the cage onto the backing with some of the thickest pop up dots I have ever seen. Seriously, these puppies are 1/4" thick!  Which doesn't sound like a lot, but let me tell you it is.  The heart is grungeboard with a layer of Fired Brick crackle paint slapped on it.  Hope you have a fabulous Wednesday! Click here to find out what the WOYWW hoopla is all about courtesy of the one and only Julia.  And click here to find out what CCC #20 is all about over with the lovely Linda.  And does anyone know how I change the color of the title of each post?  Thanks!

19 comments:

  1. Becky, this is COOL! I love that you turned it into a 3D piece, and the Industrial Grunge looks positively fabulous on your birdcage! The "captured" heart is lovely, and what a sweet piece this makes for a happy couple like you and Steve.

    OMG, I have the same exact "issue" with Vintage Photo! I can't consider a piece finished if I haven't used that particular ink around the edges!

    You can change the color of your post title by going to your Dashboard, then to "Design" and then to "Template Designer." Under the Advanced link, you can play with the colors of your text and do all kinds of cool personalization. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Linda, I think that the idea of doing a 3D piece with the bird cage is an excellent choice. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! love this piece, a caged heart!
    Your industrial grunge looks wonderful on the bird cage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous grunge art Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh ohh ohh I love it!! the cage looks rusted!! and that is "fab"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your piece is so pretty! I love the caged heart concept, and the monogram embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a cool idea. I love the captured heart. Brilliant.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Now I want the birdcage! And yes, Vintage Photo is the best invention ever! I am just a beginner but I already bought a re-inker for that colour because I just know it is going to run out first! So let me know when you start the 12 step program and I will join you!
    Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its Thursday here! Great work, I like it alot

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beauty!! It's a lot of work, but it pays out!!
    Congrats!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant! Love your birdcage with a heart in it instead of the more usual bird - thanks for sharing how you did it, love the techniques you used. Elizabeth #98

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous 3-D effect! Love that birdcage and of course the captured heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. like the birdcage a lot. caroline #16

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely tag - but i was hoping to see a piccy of your desk/workspace - even the floor if thats where you craft... maybe next week huh?

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the tag - and your workspace - and all the embellie boxes you have - and - and.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becky, what a lovely piece of artwork. It's fab. Thanks for sharing your workspace. Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 36)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!