Saturday, October 23, 2010

it's good to be back!

Woo and hoo. I have finally returned to blogland and to my creative mojo.  And just WHERE have I been I hear you ask?  Well let me tell you... I've been ....at work.  Yeah, that's the ticket...at work.  No really I do have a sort of excuse, I've been sick.  Okay, it was only for four days.  So what have I been doing the rest of the three weeks?  That would be a big, fat nothing creative and inky-wise. Yes, sad to say I've had a bad case of the "I don't want to/I'm not going to/You can't make me's".   Happily, that seems to have waned and now I'm back to my "normal" ...as normal as I ever get at least... self.  So here is my contribution to making the world a more inky place with my Compendium Challenge entry #18.  We've got a fabulous Tattered Angels spider web and Penny Black spider...who is wearing glasses, seriously, how can you not love a glasses-wearing spider?!?... and some jack o' lanterns and bats.  The background is inked with Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, and a little Vintage Photo.  The jacks were stamped directly onto the tag and then colored with Copics and then I added some Sakura 3-D lacquer to the eyes and mouths, here is a closer-up pic:
Well, you can sorta see the shiny-ness.  A little.  It's much shinier and 3-D in real life.  I also put some silver  lacquer on the spider's glasses.  I don't even like spiders, but this little guy is too cute.  Looks like he's going to ask you if you've read any good books lately.  Or something.  Have a great rest of the weekend, I will try not to be gone for three more weeks...

I'm off to play with Glimmer mist!

6 comments:

  1. My this is such an adorable tag . Love those pumpkins and the glasses on the spider is too cute. good luck in the challenge
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tag! The pumpkins look great stamped directly onto the tag - I love how you can see the resist through them, too. Fabulous work. And you know what? The mojo-stealing winds must have been blowing through NC - I've lost mine somewhere, too, and I'm in Cary, right outside Raleigh, lol! Glad you're feeling crafty again.... I'm trying... trying... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that spider is so cute...the glasses really make it unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag! the dabber resist works really well with the spider web. I love the spider, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky, I've missed you! I understand, though-- sometimes, you just need a break. I think it's good for our creative selves to take time to just "be" and not "do" sometimes, and I applaud you for recognizing when you needed a little down time.

    But, I did miss you, anyway, and I'm so happy that you're back and ROCKING the CCC with your talent again! What a cool little Halloween tag! Your dabber resist-ed web is fabulous, and, oh yeah, the glasses-wearing spider is absolutely irresistible! And, wow, does that 3D lacquer ever look awesome on the pumpkins! Great idea!

    I hope you have a great week, and that we get to see you again for CCC 19!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spooktacular tag! I love all your spooky images!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!