Sunday, December 12, 2010

Where did all that time go?

I did finish my three 7 Gypsies trays at Thanksgiving and I'm just now getting around to posting them, I think they turned out rather well, if I do say so myself.  At least I'm not ashamed to display them on the mantel.  :)  This first one was done with Penny Black's 12 Days of Christmas set.  I used Copics, Distress inks, and random background stamps along with some Maya Road bingo numbers, metal numerals, and grungeboard numbers. And embossing powders and type charms and Stickles, oh my!  Also some Cricut letters at the top, but I probably should have put them on a cardstock backing so they would show up better.  A little too late now as they are attached with lovely permanent adhesive!  Oh well...

This one features our friend the Inky Cat up to his usual tricks, hiding under the tree just waiting to jump out and pounce and I'm sure that the tree skirt will be in a state of perpetual disarrangement because of the aforementioned jumping and pouncing.  It is fun to watch him scrabble on the vinyl though.  Cricut holly and a cardinal on the top with photos, not too stressful to make.  :)
And here is the final tray with random Christmasy stuff in the holes.  I was a little daunted at first, but now I have tray-mania.  These were so much fun! 

My word, where did the 12 days of tags go, they are over and I've made nary a one...probably due to that thing called "work".  But now it's finally break and here I sit with THREE glorious weeks of NO SCHOOL staring at me.  Huzzah! And thrice huzzah, and other exclamations of joy and rejoicing.  So now in between actually decorating the tree-it's up and has lights and a cool new topper-and wrapping family presents and all the other lovely Christmas time things, I can finally stamp and get inky!  I'm off to play in the Compendium challenge, and make some tags, and Christmas cards, and two calendars and hopefully get some scrapbooking done too!  Huzzah!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!