Wednesday, December 22, 2010

WOYWW? New Drawers!

All right, all right.  Settle down.  Not those kind of drawers!  Drawers for my Distress Inks.  And woo hoo it's easier to get to them now.  I had them in the nifty Tim metal containers, which were great until I needed to pull them out, then there was no place to put them and work on the desk at the same time.  So now I have drawers. 
And I realize it's not technically on my desk but beside it. 
But if you are interested, on my desk is a calendar in progress made with Denami Designs chicken stamps. 
These guys are too cute!  But the problem is that they are very small, so I stamped them and then scanned then into the computer and then printed them out at whatever size I needed. 
Granted, the outlines become less clear and crisp when blown up, but they are still pretty darn cute.  I have January thorough May to share today, hope you enjoy!  Merry Christmas is almost here!  And just to brag a little all my presents are wrapped!  Which is a big deal, as I didn't have them wrapped until about an hour before family came over last year to unwrap them. 
So I'm ahead of the game this year.  And, big news, my sister (who is 24 years younger than me, pretty wild!) got an early acceptance letter to Appalachian State University so we are all very excited here.  Off to color and stamp and finish this calendar so I can start on another one for the kitchen, but it's going to be a scrapbooked calendar, no chickens, it's just to cruel to have the cute chickens in there looking at me when I cook...on the rare occasion that I do cook... chicken. 
Here's hoping you all have wonderful holidays and I'm going to have a lovely snoop around your desks to see what's happening.  And if you don't know about this WOYWW phenom, click here to be transported to the Lovely Julia, the Queen of WOYWW.  Happy Holidays to all and to all a good snoop!

19 comments:

  1. FAB calendar!

    Happy Christmas xx
    Thanks for popping to see me, loved to hear about the reindeers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to wrap our pressies, before the recipients arrive, that is if they can get through the snow. My poor husband had to remove over 1 foot from the top of the Discovery this morning before he could think of getting our. He left me at home , enjoying myself sorting out all my storage into a sensible order, making sure that the contents matched the labels. Good fun. Love your calendar, anothe thing I meant to have a go at this year. Oh well, there is always next year.
    Happy Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippe, you're ready for the gift opening ceremony - and your calendar is ready. It is darling, very whimsical.
    Believe it or not, I have a baseball cap I bought at Appalachian State University when I visited there over 12 years ago! Congrats to your sis ;)
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Vicki #21

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely new storage and that's a really cute calendar. Congrats to you Sis too.

    Have a wonderful Christmas,
    Hugs
    Brenda 45

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so organized... love the drawers. Happy Christmas ...my felines send your Inky Cat seasons greetings too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it nice when you get just the right place to store your fave stuff. Merry Christmas! S #31

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just squealing with delight over your chickie calendar! Each month is just delightful! You will have soo much fun as you go through the year with them :) Thank goodness they won't be in the kitchen!! ;) hehe
    Be sure to mark January 9th as Blog Hop day! It will be the first DeNami Design blog hop of the year and you won't want to miss it! Also, sneak peeks of the new designs start on Dec 27th ;)
    Have a very merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the chicken calendars! I have a chicken theme in my kitchen! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what an adorable calendar!! Congrats on the new drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely calendars and really beautiful trays you finished in a previous post. Have a lovely christmas.
    Sandra #81

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic calendars, lovin the storage drawers!

    Thanks for the peek and sharing. Happy Holidays and creative crafting in the New Year.

    Hugs, Marjo #5

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do u know how many calendar kits I've bought over the years only to watch them collect dust? So glad to see someone follow through with it! The chicks are adorable....*smile* Happy Holidays and thx for popping by!
    #33

    ReplyDelete
  13. The calendar is soooo adorable. Love how you used the stamps, scanner and printer to get the chicks big enough for a calendar. Great job!

    Thank you for the inspiration. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the peek. Just checked your previous post of trays,wonderful. And such a cute calendar on todays. #70

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely calendar and some neat looking storage!!
    Merry Christmas to You and Yours, Annette #35

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh er fancy draws, its nice when stash is near by and on hand when needed. Great calender too.
    Wishing you Happy Christmas :D
    Minxy #4

    ReplyDelete
  17. I could do with some new draws... great calender and very useful gift for the whole year. Frog )my cat) says hi to Inky...well, actually it was more like me...ow...
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New year! Happy WOYWW!! ((Lyn)) #2

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those calendars are cute! And congratulations to your sister! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great calenders - and made me laught at the thought of a cute chicken calender in the kitchen when you cook lol - hope you had a great Christmas ~ Nicky 52

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!