Tuesday, April 7, 2015

I'm on Paper Artsy! Woot!

I have been stalking the Paper Artsy blog for quite some time now and finally got the courage (heh- canvas title, see what I did there?) to put my name in the hat for the #3UP.  Then was excited and a little worried and excited that my name got picked!  I decided to take the theme of Deconstruction, because I really, really like breaking stuff, so much so that it would be my dream job to break stuff all day.  :)

Sadly, I don't have any of the Paper Artsy Fresco paints (birthday is a-comin' so that won't be a problem for too much longer...) so I did the best color matching as possible.  I used a combination of Distress Ink sprays and paints, Stampin' UP! inks and regular old craft acrylic paints.  Did I write down the colors I used?  Of course not.  Audible sigh.  I also was having such fun destroying things that I failed to take any step by step photos.  Another audible sigh.  Still, I had a BLAST with this.

First step was to paint the base layer on the canvas.  I do remember that I inked it which turned out to not be such a good idea...heat gun to the rescue...sorta...well, dry enough to work with at any rate.  I then proceeded to rip, cut, tear and beat the canvas with a hammer.  Seriously.  Well, Tim's texture hammer, but it still smashed the heck outta that canvas!  My favorite part got covered with the box that I stuck in the big hole...shoulda put that a little lower, cause I had totally bashed the frame and it looked awesome!!  You'll just have to trust me on this one.  Scraping the point of my Cricut tweezers across the canvas was way fun too.

 The butterflies used to be a soft drink can and the bird was some random packaging.  I think the black netting used to hold Boomwhacker tuned percussion tubes (I'm a music teacher by day) and the girl is some random fabric.  I am now officially hooked on deconstruction- after I was done I kept thinking, "Now what ELSE do I have that I can destroy?!?"- it's a little frightening.  But only a little.  OH!  I own two Paper Artsy stamp sets (well, now three, but the other one hadn't arrived before the deadline...one day after, but not before.  Isn't that always the way?) and they were both Christmasy.  So I was very pleased (would that be "chuffed" across the pond?) to be able to use them on this very non-Christmasy canvas!!  Go me!!  :)  Thanks to the great folks at Paper Artsy for letting me play along, and if you stuck around through all that inane prattle, here are some close ups to reward you!  :)



 Thanks for stopping by!  Let me know what you think!  :)


Edited to add:  Obviously I don't know how to schedule a post...so this is DAYS late (I was out of town...) oh well.  Maybe someone will find it...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!