Saturday, August 6, 2016

OCC Creative Chemistry 3

Sooo... How've you been?  Good, good, glad to hear it.  I've been, well, just not posting.  Gone so long that this typing your post page is different than the last time I was here.  :) Heh.  Ah well, I suppose I shall get used to it- then be gone again and they will have changed it all again.

Please note that I WENT OUTSIDE (to my front porch) to take a pretty picture for your enjoyment.  And since I live in NC...it was HOT.  So even though I've been gone forever, see how much I love you guys?  :)

I am playing along over at Online Card Classes (if you click the blue words it *should* take you there...that is if I did it correctly...) with Tim Holtz in the Summer of Creative Chemistry.  This is the final class in the series, Creative Chemistry 3 and it is awesome!  Here is Day 4's (okay, so it is now day 6...I'm a little behind...) collection of samples.  Today was all about playing with Distress Crayons.  And boy, did I need it!  My poor crayons have been sitting all brand new and unloved on their shelf since I got them- which was as soon as possible after their release, so for MONTHS now.  I'm pretty sure I heard them crying a couple of times.  Sure, I watched a couple of videos that people have done on using them and thought, "well doesn't THAT look fun"...and that was as far as I got.  Then I saw that Tim was going to be using them in the class and said to myself, "self, (heh) this is what you need to get you out of your non-crayon using slump.  go forth and actually DO the lessons and learn how to use these here crayons before they revolt and go live with someone who will love them."  (have you seen the kid's book The Day the Crayons Quit?  It is very funny and there is a sequel The Day the Crayons Came Home.  So I knew that it was possible that my crayons would leave if I didn't get to it.)  The whole class is great, but just the day on the Distress Crayons was worth it!  Tim shows you a side by side comparison of the Distress Crayons and Gelatos (which you know I have...but I have actually used them a couple of times...) and really gets in depth about how to use the Distress Crayons and why he wanted them and what they do.  I will warn you now, they are quite addictive!  Plus Tim told us that Ranger will be making them in all of the Distress colors!! (right now there are 3 sets, but by the end of the year there will be 10) *swoon*  Here is a close up look at the individual projects. 

The frame was one I picked up at JoAnn and finally decided to finish.  Being a super genius, I put the burlap on first, then decided to paint.  "Becky J Horn, Super Genius.  I like the way that rolls out..."  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go to YouTube and look up Wile E Coyote.  Go on, it's RIGHT THERE, I'll wait.  And yes, I do realize that this is telling my age, but well, there you go.  Ahh, Saturday morning cartoons...  Heh. 
The paint is Distress Walnut Stain and Fossilized Amber, then I used the splatter brush to add Tarnished Brass and Black Soot speckles.  And managed to not make a huge mess.  Go super genius! 
 
Thanks for stopping by, if you haven't taken the classes, go for it, they are well worth it- you get lifetime access to the videos and downloadable PDF's.  If you are taking the class, Yay!!!  :)  
Till next time!  Happy stamping!  (and inking, and painting, and texture pasteing...)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!