Saturday, August 22, 2020

Slimline & Stitched Saturday

Well howdy!  I have spent a few days cruising around the internet to find out that apparently the new trend is slimline cards.  Just who decides these things?  Is there a survey/notification that I don't get?  I haven't made one of these in YEARS.  The last one was for thank you cards for the NC Music Educators Honors Chorus clinician and accompanist- I have gone a-hunting and found the picture of that one and stuck it at the bottom of the post.  Since this is the new thing, here I have for you a slimline card!  The stitching part comes from the dies I used.  And who doesn't love three word alliteration?  The more the merrier, right?  This idea has been percolating in my head and while it was not exactly what I thought I was going to do, I rather like how it turned out.  I even got fancy with the picture taking and put in an ink pad and some bling!  Woo!  The craziness never stops! However, the crooked picture taking apparently doesn't stop either.  Sigh.  I really thought I had the camera straight.   Gotta work on my fancy picture staging, I'm sure there's an online class...or YouTube demo...

I used the Stitched Triangles dies from Stampin' UP! as well as the Artistry Blooms DSP (Desigenr Series Paper, but that takes too long to type...).  All triangles were stuck down with the new Stampin' Seal (the regular one).  The Blackberry Bliss card measures 9" long and 8" wide- scored at 4".  The Magenta Madness piece is 8-1/2" x 3-1/2" and I stamped the large triangle from the The Right Triangle stamp set in VersaMark ink.  It wasn't really essential, but I liked the look.  Since this piece is heavier, I used the Stampin' Seal Plus to stick this piece down.  I'm really liking the new Seals- hard to break the "check mark" habit from the old Fuse, but I'm getting there.  The sentiment is from the So Sentimental set and is die cut with a die from the Stitched So Sweetly dies.

I am on a You-Must-Make-The-Inside-Pretty-Too kick, so I fancied up the inside.  Plus, I had some triangles left over...Not too bad, but I probably should have done the triangle on the top AFTER I put the ribbon on.  Hindsight and all that.

There you have my newest adventure in making a slimline card.  😁  Hope it inspires you!  

Happy stamping! (or in this case, mostly die cutting) 

Oh just FYI- Stampin' UP!'s new die cut and embossing machine is GREAT!!!!!  The triangles just fall right out!  PLUS anyone have trouble getting the Stitched Rectangles to release from the die once cut? Not now! It is so much easier!  Truly, truly easier.  And this is from a dedicated Vagabond user!  The standard size machine will be available on September 1st, the mini one is still delayed due to complications from our new not-friend COVID.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!