Sunday, September 4, 2011

I got to play with Wendy! Woo!


Yes! THE Wendy Vecchi!  Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net And it was a grand adventure and tons of fun.  Especially fun because Craft Room 42 has been pretty unused for a while.  No mojo, no get-up-and-go-make-something-anyway, no NOTHING.  And here I am with several cool idea books not to mention all the goodness available on the web, oh and a Stamp Camp coming up this weekend!  Just haven't felt the art.  But a day with Wendy will change all that for sure!  Inspired?  Goodness me yes.  Her stuff is great and so is she, so kind and laid back.  I'm not a laid back teacher, not even a little bit, not even in my "real" job which is...teaching!  So now I want to be like Wendy when I grow up.  :) Well, not the part about having been a nurse, I know I couldn't do that!!  I'll just take the art part.  My Mom and my friend Amber went with me to the class (it was a good thing she went, she has a Garmin GPS and that thing is cool!)and we made the two fantastic things that you see featured here. 
Couldn't stay for the final class, but got the kit and woo!!  I'm so glad I did, 'cause it's amazing!  Will show you later, 'cause it's (almost) on it's way to my bestest friend for her VERY late birthday present(just over two months!  I'm a stinky friend!  But last year her Christams present got to her a month early, so that's okay right?  C'mon.  Let me have this!!)and it's only fair that she gets to see it first.  But it rocks.  A lot.  Even if I do say so myself. (And you know what? I think I will.  Say it myself that is.  It rocks.)  It was really hard to let it go, I was very sad, but I consoled myself with purchasing the other needed supplies to make me one too, and now everything is shiny and happy.  Of course you do know I had almost everything needed right?  Only missing three things.  All because I am the queen of art supply purchasing and, well,  let's just call it what it is, shall we? hoarding  But it's all organized.  So not so bad. Love the retail therapy! 
I'm off to(see the wizard...sorry...couldn't help it)get started on my project so when the missing three things arrive from Stampers Anonymous (even if I do hit the lottery, I'd probably still have to work because Ted and Michelle, Ranger, and Stampin' UP! would get all my money!) all that will be left is the final stamping, cutting and assembling.  I'm all excited just thinking about it!  Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!