Friday, September 23, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show...an ATC

This is based on a line in a short story by Jim Butcher and when I read it, I laughed out loud on the sofa.  Every time I think of it I start to giggle.  Because, a)they expected the house to be haunted, and b)it was a little more haunted.  So does that means there were a few more ghosts?  Or unexplained noises?  At what point do you say, "Okay, this house is haunted just the right amount.  We'll take it."  I mean where do you draw the line? 
The base is one of the tags from the SU! Two tags Sizzix die.  I cut 6 of them and stuck them together with Xyron to add some stability to the base.  It is covered with random splotches of Craft ink and then several layers of UTEE are melted on, cooled,  then Perfect Pearls are dusted over and more UTEE melted on.  The house is a Wendy Vecchi Art Part covered with Distress Stains, a Tim hitch fastener serves as the doorknob (yeah, it's a little big, but I liked it), and K&Company ghost stickers serve as the happy haunts.  Hope it gave you a smile!

ps:  The actual line from the story is "...they've just moved into a new house and it's a little more haunted than the seller's disclosure indicated."  but all that wouldn't fit.  :)

6 comments:

  1. I love the story that goes with it - the tag tells it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little haunted ATC, the ghosts are fabulous. Thank you so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab ATC, loving the green eyes !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Halloween ATC is really cute. Love the colors on your backgroudn and the little house with the ghosts as guests. :) Thanks for joining us as Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wee little haunted house is so cute... and the ghosts don't appear terribly unfriendly so I guess it is ok to have a few more than expected... it did make me smile!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!