Saturday, September 4, 2010

...and we're off!

Hello and welcome to my brand new blog!     

What better way to start than with my submission to the lovely Linda Ledbetter's "Compendium of Curiosities" Challenge over at StudioL3. Click on the lovely blue words to be transported and find out all about the Compendium Challenge.  



My bird cage and bird were made out of a ... wait for it... soda can!  Really and for true.  Cut off the top and bottom, cut it in half, then ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot using Tim Holtz's "Caged Bird" die.  I am now officially hooked on die cutting aluminum cans...now I wish I hadn't just taken a load to the fire station for recycling.  Oh well, hubby will just have to drink more soda.  And for those of you wondering, yes, this is displayed (along with several other pieces of art) on my freezer door.  Oh childhood, you are never far away!  I have to say that my freezer has never looked better!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Becky! Your blog looks fabulous (and Inky Cat is TOO CUTE!)!!!

    Way to make that soda can AMAZING, girlfriend! Great job on the chipped enamel technique for this week's CCC, and on a really clever design. Freebird, for sure! I love how he busted out of jail and is ready to set off on exciting bird adventures.

    I'm so excited for you. Blogging is a BLAST!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, Congratulations on getting your blog up and running. I'll be sure to check back and see how it goes for you. You're off to a good start with this wonderful card. Way to use those pop cans!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!