Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A bouquet for you

Today's entry is for the Compendium Challenge over at Studio L3.  Through MUCH trial and error I have found that you can only ink Tim's tissue tape with alcohol ink or Stayz-on ink (and then you gotta heat set the Stayz-on).  The Copic'd flowers were, well, let's just call them, um not the prettiest flower in the bouquet.  So the deets are:  Distress inks in Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint, and Vintage Photo.  Run through the Big Shot with one of Tim's texture fades (I just love, love love embossing folders!  I think that may have been the only thing I left off of my Sunday Stamper entry... what was I thinking?!?), then more Vintage Photo ink was very lightly...and I mean very lightly, with almost no pressure otherwise it gets on the un-raised areas too... applied over the raised areas, wrapped some Stampin UP! retired Chocolate Chip ribbon around the bottom, used the brads in my flower centers to attach the flowers to the tag, and hung the dangly embellished swivel clasp from the smaller flower.  Stamped the image with a Stampin UP! sentiment, then decided it need the swirls and a little bit of inking and then the bling (that I don't remember what kind it is), and finally fibers on the top.

Oh lovely blogland, you do realize that typing this took about five minutes, but the actual creation of the tag...especially 'cause I had to *sob* redo the tag background due to messing up the first one...took more like an hour.  One of these days I'll have a project that will come together in the time it takes me to type my blog entry. sigh.  yeah...that'll happen! Well a stamper can dream, can't she? Off to nose around and see what others have created for this week's challenge!  See you tomorrow for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday!  as Tigger would say...TTFN!

7 comments:

  1. Becky, you made my day!!!!! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. My son is the Music Director at the HS here, teachers are my heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I love reading about your process-- it sounds a lot like my own, especially the part about blogging taking five minutes but the art taking an hour (or, in my case, two or three!).

    All your work paid off big-time, though, because your tag is just gorgeous! The grunge flowers are wonderful, and the colors just POP! The embossed background truly is cool, and the sentiment is FABULOUS!

    Well done, as always! And it's so fun to be able to leave you a comment. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, these two colors are gorgeous together. And it is evident that you spent time on this beauty !!!! great job !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that tag,what gorgeous colours.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag, Becky! So glad you are joining in the CCC's! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!