Sunday, September 5, 2010

A *few* of my favorite things

Happy I-don't-have-to-go-to-work-tomorrow!  Which is otherwise known as Sunday night, and usually gets a big "UGH!" but not tonight.  Of course, by the time you read this, it'll probably already BE tomorrow, but anyway woo hoo!  And did I mention that I don't have to go to work?  :)  Gotta love those National Holidays...
Since the going to work is canceled...did I mention that? oh.  I did? :) silly me...  I decided to stay up and get inky.  Well, actually STAY inky would be more correct, since I have been inky all day.  And I decided that the perfect use of inkyness would be to participate in the Sunday Stamper challenge.  If you don't know what it is, click the blue words and be magically transported to the lovely Hels Sheridan over the pond in Merry Olde England to find out.    I have had a composition book just sitting there sadly saying "Um excuse me, but could you please alter my cover?  Please?  When you get a chance?"  So today I took pity on the poor little dear and this is what happened: 


The challenge is to use anything (and apparently everything from the looks of it...)that is your favorite in your stash.  Oh my.  Where to start?  I had a Stampin' UP! sock monkey that I had stamped and cut out about a month ago and he was just hanging around...literally, he was clipped on a clipboard that's hanging on the wall behind my desk... Covered the front and back of the book with Tim Holtz paper, embossed and inked the hinges and keyhole, added brads...and pounded the heck out of 'em with the texture hammer... but realized that I had already covered the inside of the covers with paper, so instead of being secured with the brads, they are glued on with Glossy Accents... inked the tags with distress inks, stamped a Stampin' UP! flourish, stuck on the monkey,who was colored then flocked and given googly eyes (as all good monkeys should be).  Then I decided he needed a sword, so got out the Cricut and bam!  Not only a sword but a dagger too!  And the handles were colored with Copics.  A bit of Tim ideology added to the big tag, stamped the words (that I can't remember where I bought them from, I just remember that it was at a stamp show somewhere)Punched one corner, blinged the other three, stuck it on with some super thick pop dots that a friend found for me (thanks Amber!) tied fibers on the tops and stuck both tags to the book.  Whew!  Oh yeah, I forgot the three buttons in the corner!  A pretty fair sampling of my favorite stuff.  
Happy Labor Day to all and now I'm gonna go get inky...again!

3 comments:

  1. What a great notebook Becky! I love the outfit on the sock monkey and your sentiment. It's obvious that you had a good time making this. Have a wonderful day off work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Becky what a fab style you have! Loveing seeing you on your own blog - really look forward to all you have to blog about! DOn't forget to WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whey hey!!! Loving your blog hun... and inky cat is GORGEOUS... and am loving your sock monkey, he is so cute! Fabby art hun, thanks for joinin in with the SUnday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!