Sunday, March 27, 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show... a word


My word is Love as you could probably tell from the big stamped love in the frame.  But you know just in case there were any questions...(ha) For this creation, I covered an itty bitty canvas with Liquitex coarse texture gel.  You can't tell form the pic, but if you touch it it feels like sand, way cool!  Then added Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Stains.  Had to dry them with the heat gun cause they didn't dry fast enough on the coated canvas for my taste.  Which would be immediately because although patience is a virtue, it's not one of mine.  :P  Then I tried to apply the stains on the edges and it wouldn't work (okay it probably would have eventually if I was patient...'nuff said right?) so I went back and put a super thin coat of the texture stuff ...which doesn't really dry well with the heat gun... and put the Vintage Photo Stain on.  Teh love was stamped with Versamark and colored n with Distress Inks and a blender pen and then I sponged on some Antique Linen and Vintage Photo DI.  Added two gears (since it's for my hubby I had to "man" it up) and bunged some confetti hearts into a bottle and glued the frame, bottle, and hinge fastener on with Glossy Accents.  Did I mention that I'm not patient?  Yeah, if you glue on a bottle you kinda need to leave it laying flat 'till the glue dries... oh well, just scooted it back up and walked away so I wouldn't be tempted to see what it looked like standing up until completely dry.  Have a crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. This is just a super sweet piece. The texture is fabulous and the colors are wonder. And you can't go wrong with LOVE, right? So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece - love the colours and all the embellishments...I know what you mean with patience...to use the hot air dryer or wait an hour or so :)

    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!