Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Drunken Stampers...It's All About Him!


What a great challenge this week!  Because those boys, they're tough.  Why can't they just like flowers?  And swirls, and butterflies, and bling and...and...and...all that other stuff that's soooo easy and in my comfort zone?  Arrgh!  Why must they make me step out of my happy fluffy, girly box?  Oh, sorry.  Right.  Back to the project in hand.  Or rather, on the Big Shot.  And btw...that's part of my stamp/stash storage shelves in the background...sneak peek for you... bonus!  Apologies, got a bit distracted there, back with you now. So here is my masculine-y project.  And masculine it is... well, umm, the scalloped edges maybe not so much!  But at least there is a car, I mean how much more masculine can you get?  Probably should have changed the speedometer reading though, 'cause 40?!?  For a guy?!?  In that car?!?  Yeah...also not so much.  The box is made from the SU! scalloped envelope die and the directions can be found on Splitcoast Stampers.  Just go to resources and search for "scalloped envelope box".  It's a great tutorial and I'm happy to have stolen it.  There I go stealing again!  Please don't call the crafting cops... but wait, it's okay, I did say where I got it, so it's like when you footnote something in a research paper, right?  Right?  Come on, back me up here!  please?  whew, thanks!  Knew I could count on you!...  Back to the project!  Some SU! First Edition paper and the 'To a Classic' stamp set with a button and some linen thread and some ribbon hiding under the car.  But it's masculine ribbon.  Not that fluffy girly ribbon.  Strong and manly, yeah baby! 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card Becky! I love the layers and driving elements!

    Thanks for joining us at the Drunken Stampers Craft Pub!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!