Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So as promised... the really cool slider card.


Here you go stamp fans!
This is the coolest and easiest slider card of, well, pretty much ever.  You do know that of course I stole I mean borrowed the idea.  Wish I could think of these things myself.  I guess I'll just have to be content to be the world's greatest copy-er instead of create-or.  Oh well.  It is, however, much less taxing on the old brain cells to just copy!
which is a good thing as there aren't many of them left, and I really need to save them for the major decisions (ha!  she salutes and says "major decision!" maybe I've watched too much How I Met Your Mother...), you know, like what new stash to buy.  would that be "all of it?"  oh how I need hubby to win the lottery!  hehehe!
Sorry, back to the topic...
If you click here you will be transported to the very talented Wendy Weixler's blog where she has the step-by-step deets for making this card.  Mine is made with the Mighty Tim's embossing folders, and the SU! sets "Something Sweet" and "Smarty Pants".  After I made it, I decided to try it as a vertical card, and lo and behold, it actually worked!

To make it vertical just put your marks for the slider piece at 3/8" from the top and 4-3/8" from the bottom.  Then punch with the word window punch and assemble like the horizontal one.  Super easy! 
This one uses a Cuttlebug embossing folder and the SU! sets "Lots of Bots" and "On Your Birthday". So go to Wendy's blog, get the directions, and make this card!  Right now!  Okay, not really right now but soon, trust me, you'll thank me for it later.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment! Your comments mean a lot to me, so keep them coming!